As seen in the February edition of the Chamber Voice, the 2018 Annual Report offers a summary of each Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce division’s accomplishments in 2018. An extended version of each division will be profiled on the Voice of Business Blog. The next department summarized is Downtown Development.
- Convened developers and property owners for discussions regarding development of a boutique hotel and two multi-family housing developments.
- Developed summer bike night with Pig Trail Harley Davidson, Main Street Rogers and Go Downtown Rogers merchants association.
- Convened Arkansas Arts Academy, a real estate developer, two commercial contractors, an architecture firm and a nonprofit arts organization to create a mural in Downtown Rogers.
- Introduced Artspace real estate development team to 10 potential businesses partners to encourage the selection of Downtown Rogers as the site for a mixed-use real estate development.
- Established Downtown Rogers as an arts center in Northwest Arkansas with the launch of the Downtown Rogers Art on the Bricks Art Walk. This exhibition of art and art demonstrations brings hundreds of people to 25+ businesses in Downtown Rogers each month.
- 90 discussions with regional or Midwestern businesses to encourage expansion or relocation to Downtown Rogers.
- Held meetings with City Staff bi-weekly to discuss active real estate development projects.
- Activated the Rogers Experimental House with classes, workshops, school groups, co-workspace and art exhibits that have brought an estimated 2,500 people to the space in the past 12 months.
- Participated in three (3) Walton Family Foundation-sponsored conferences plus Brightwater Culinary School Salon Series Advisory Council designed to activate downtowns through creative use of Food, Arts, Music and Cycling.